The Aegis Consortium unites a diverse coalition of experts from all corners of the human experience to develop pandemic solutions. We operate across disciplines, industries and borders to develop flexible solutions that can be implemented in communities worldwide.
Researchers are leading a statewide study to understand, treat and prevent the long-term effects of COVID-19 as part of the National Institutes of Health’s Researching COVID to Enhance Recovery (RECOVER) Initiative.
Our team of transdisciplinary experts will call on research, technology and innovation to develop solutions that protect the world from future pandemics.
Pillar 1: Pandemic Control, Prediction and Preparedness
- Studying the multitude of human immune responses to SARS-CoV-2
- Providing new therapies and methods to protect vulnerable populations
- Building a robust virus evolution and escape prediction system
- Addressing SARS-CoV-2 escape and reinfection potential, as well as detecting new pandemic threats
Pillar 2: Post-acute Effects of Pandemics on Individuals and Societies
- Addressing multiorgan effects of viruses and aberrant immune responses at the individual level of vulnerable, particularly aging, hosts
- Addressing the intermediate and delayed impact of virus-related disruption of social, educational and economic activities
Pillar 3: Resilience of Built and Natural Environments in Pandemic Control
- Investigating how the virus and its human hosts change depending on different indoor and outdoor environments
- Investigating how environment plays into vulnerability and resiliency, and how we can alter the built environment to accommodate resilience against pandemics